Posting Date: Jul 4, 2019 9:25 am | Closing Date: August 4, 2019 4:30 pm
This position requires a Master’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in chemical engineering, chemistry or materials science along with six months of experience as any type of process analyst, chemist, chemical engineer or researcher.
- Research and develop analytical methods and perform experiments;
- conduct analyses and execute various wet chemistry techniques and control tests;
- study the relationships and interactions among the parts of compounds;
- prepare assays using measuring and analysis instruments and equipment to confirm the rate of substance integration;
- coordinate the identification of the presence and concentration of chemical pollutants in air, water, and soil;
- review and analyze petrochemicals for impurities and purities;
- coordinate calibrations and maintenance of laboratory equipment while documenting routines;
- perform statistical calculations and analyses of collected laboratory samples to ensure that data quality is sufficient to yield proper results;
- liaise with staff about any problems and/or deviations that may affect the integrity of data and results;
- direct and advise staff in safety policies and procedures;
- supervise one lab technician;
- draft reports related to testing while maintaining control records for receipt, storage and disposal of substances;
- and maintain a knowledge of current developments in the industry.
Mon-Fri; 40 hours/wk.
Send your resume to Chemical and Petrochemical Inspections, L.P. 5300 39th St. Groves Texas 77619 Attn. Tiffany Liepke